Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Farm

A few weeks ago I went out to St. Joachim, about 20 minutes out of the city. My friend's band was practicing at the drummers dad's old farm house. While I was shooting photos of them I noticed the sun setting outside. I had purposely planned to shoot some sunset photos while I was out there that night.

I grabbed my tripod and slipped out the back door for a few minutes. I headed towards the back of the property and by the time I found a place to start shooting from I could no longer hear the music pumping out of the house.

I tried shooting these the honest way, with a graduated ND filter but the angles were too much and the sunset was too bright for it to really have an effect. So I started shooting everything twice, first exposing for the sunset, then again exposing for the foreground. It took me awhile to get it right in photoshop putting them together but I finally got this one to turn out decent.

I'm still not 100% happy with it, which is why I'm posting it here and not saving it for a greater use. I have others from this shoot that I'm holding on to for the time being.


After looking through all these photos and working on them in photoshop I really got the desire to shoot more photos in the county. But first I need a car to explore in.

No comments:

Post a Comment