Monday, July 15, 2013

Bon Echo Provincial Park

The Mazinaw Rock at Bon Echo

About two months ago I finally got hired for one of the many part time jobs I had been applying for. I had about two weeks until I started so I figured it would be a good time to rent a car and get out of this city for a few days. I hadn't been camping by myself in a few years and was starting to miss it, so I began browsing the Ontario Parks website and ended up setting on Bon Echo.

I spent two nights camping at Bon Echo and enjoyed every minute of it. The weather wasn't great but it could have been worse. It was cold most of the time, and near freezing at night with occasional snow/sleet throughout my stay. But the cold weather kept the black flies and mosquitos away.

Here are some of my favourite photos from the trip.

The Mazinaw Rock at Bon Echo



The Mazinaw Rock at Bon Echo

Campsite 114 at night. 

Campsite 114 at night. 

Canoe rentals at the Lagoon. 

The Mazinaw Rock at Bon Echo 
The Mazinaw Rock at Bon Echo

The Mazinaw Rock under the stars and sleet storms. 

Air Traffic over the Mazinaw Rock

Abandoned farmhouse on Hwy 3. Visit number 7 or 8. 

No comments:

Post a Comment