Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 20 - 100th post

Click to Enlarge

This is my 100th blog post since I started posting on here last year on my birthday. Just thought I'd celebrate that for a second before I get to my story.

So, a couple of weeks ago I was at work and got a call from one of the supervisors asking if I could work an upcoming Sunday shift. As I thought about it for a second, she added "its your weekend off." Weekend off? I thought. So I stalled long enough and she told me to think about it and get back to her.

I immediately ran to the back to check the schedule for that weekend. Turns out I had that Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. "Road Trip," said a voice in my head.

I ended up picking up that Sunday shift because I needed another shift off in order to work the Windsor Spitfires game. So I still had 3 solid days off. I worked Wednesday at 4am until noon. So when I got off I rented a car, packed it up and went to bed around 7pm in order to get an early start Thursday morning.

I was ready to leave by 6am. As I was on my way out the phone began to ring, it was work calling, presumably to see if I could work for someone who called in sick. I shot the phone the finger in a comedic fashion and slipped out the back door.

I didn't have much of a plan for where I was going. I just knew I was heading north (pretty much the only option, unless you're going to the states).

So, to make this quick, as I've already wrote more than I planned. I went as far as Wasaga Beach, zig zagging my way through back roads. I drove a total of 1600kms and got lost almost as many times as I wanted to.

I haven't even got to editing the photos yet, aside from these two. The first is a random barn on a sideroad that I came across in the brief break from pouring rain, snow and 60mph winds. I shot a bunch of this barn, but this one is made up of two different exposures. One I exposed for the sky, the other for the barn/grass. Then blended the two.

The second is a 5-photo panoramic. Aside from stitching the 5 photos together there's very minimal photoshop done. (Just levels, and unsharp mask).

Click to Enlarge


Check out Todd's Photos.


1 comment:

  1. The first one looks HDRish... I've never done it myself...but I know that you blend different exposures together, so maybe that's what you consider it. Either way...very nice. Sounds like a good little road trip you had there.
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete