Monday, January 18, 2010

Photo #4

I had shot some photos Friday night around sunset but I wasn't really happy with them. The sunset itself was completely hidden by overcast so I hung around until twilight set in, adding some pink and blue to the overcast clouds. The colors were nice but I still wasn't very impressed with any of my photos (But I included one below as a bonus anyway).

Last night I was walking home from my friends place at about 10 pm and it was quite foggy. So I started brainstorming places to go shoot some foggy night photos. I got home and browsed around on Google Earth for some ideas. I decided to go to a nearby marina where there's a lighthouse.

I headed out at midnight, but by then the fog had lifted and the sky was full of nothing but stars. When I got to the marina the lighthouse wasn't lit up. So no fog and no lights on the lighthouse squashed my brainstorm. Instead I headed down Riverside Drive to a place I've shot at a few times before, St. Rose Beach. Why they call it a beach is beyond me. Its more of a cove with lots of large rocks along the shoreline with a small peir jetting out about 40 feet into the Detroit River.

I wanted to try something a little different with my night photography, so I attempted a panoramic perspective (above). This photo is four separate shots stitched together in photoshop. This is the only pano I attempted and I think it turned out pretty well.

Bonus Photo

1 comment: