Monday, January 25, 2010

Photo #5

Click to enlarge


With nothing to do on Saturday night after work I decided I better make the best of the night and go light hunting. I waited until about 11:30, hoping the clouds would lift a little so I could get a low hanging moon in my photos, but it didn't happen. Although as soon as I got home, I went out for a cigarette and saw a huge setting moon breaking through the clouds over the rooftops in the direction of Detroit. Thanks Moon.

I already knew where I wanted to go. A place I've always had in the back of my mind but never actually bothered to go for photos, Goose Bay. It's really nothing special in relation to the many places along Riverside Drive but its a nice quiet place aside from the traffic along the Drive.

Right away it lived up to its name as there where about 30 Geese sitting along the ice in the bay talking amongst themselves. I spent about 2 hours there which seemed like less than one. My main photo for this weak is a little cliché but I think it is the best of the series for impact and technical quality. The ever present Detroit Skyline. As a Windsor photographer I've shot this skyline many times but this is my favourite so far. I was hoping for a ship to pass along the river while I was there but no such luck, another time perhaps.

On to the bonus photos. The first is one of the last I shot. I tried to get as close to the Geese as I could without disturbing them, but they started honking and slowly made their way into the safety of the open water. This is about a 10 second exposure of the Geese leaving.

Click to enlarge

This last photo is one of the first I shot on this outing. This is a seven-photo panoramic stitched together in Photoshop. This is Goose Bay, looking south-east with headlights streaking along Riverside Drive. The very left of this photo (on the other side of the bay) is where I shot the skyline photo from, facing the opposite direction...if that makes sense.


Click to enlarge


Thats it...I think that's more than I meant to write about this week. But thats a good thing, I've been meaning to do more writing, if you can call it that.


Don't forget to check out Todd's Photo(s)



1 comment:

  1. Cale, I keep coming back to look at this pic and it keeps blowing my mind. I love it.

    ReplyDelete