Monday, March 1, 2010

Photo #10



Tuesday night I headed out on foot to do some photo exploring. I went to a somewhat industrial area within walking distance from my house and started a journey along the train tracks in deep snow. As soon as I found the first place to start taking photos a nice fog rolled in.

At first it was a thin layer of fog at about eye level. If I bent down I could look under the fog and see all the way down the train tracks, but if I stood up straight I could only see about 50 feet.

The fog kept up for awhile, changing shape and density. Before I knew it I had spent 3 hours wandering around the train tracks and a nearby field. All the photos here are from that night. I have plenty more good shots but I thought this was enough to post for now. Enjoy.








3 comments:

  1. Definitely all are great captures. Did you use a wide angled lens, or stitch that one second from the bottom? Either way it looks sweet; all of them do. I love taking photos with the fog and experimenting with the lighting and colour the weather has to offer. Great job...obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yeah the first, forth and fifth photos are a 15mm fisheye. The others are a a 50mm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta say man, you have some fabulous photos. I found your blog looking for other photos of Windsor Raceway.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete