Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 16 - Bestech Racing

Click to Enlarge


Last summer my dad and I got back into kart racing (my second time back, his third). A group of guys got together and built a small dirt oval track just outside of the city. It started out as a cheap fun way to go racing, but as more and more people started racing out there the competition went up and so did the budgets.

We kept it fairly simple and spent a lot less money than the front runners. But we still did very well. I ended up tied for 7th in the points out of more than 40 drivers. My dad finished the season 2nd in the seniors class.

Over the winter my dad put in a lot of work to get the kart updated and ready for the 2010 season. I wish I could say I had more to do with it, but he put in 95% (if not more) of the work and money to took to get it looking (and running) good.

This season there are a lot more drivers and some pretty big budgets, so we'll see how we stack up against them. This past Saturday we took the kart out to the track for the first time. (April is all practice and fun racing, with the season officially starting on the first Monday night in May). So, Friday night I did a little photo session with the kart in the garage before we took it to the track and got it dirty.


Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge

1 comment:

  1. Pretty awesome. Love the one with the helmet. Goodluck this year.

    ReplyDelete