Monday, June 14, 2010

Week 25

Click to Enlarge

I already had some photos ready for this blog, but I got some better ones last night. My new favourite thing is driving around the county aimlessly looking for interesting photos. There's not much logic to my process. I try to find the lesser populated roads and explore those.

Although these photos aren't really from empty roads. The first is one I've been meaning to shoot for a while now, the old dock for the Boblo Island ferry that has been abandoned since 1993.

Click to Enlarge
These next two photos are just off the highway in Maidstone, Ontario. My dad had mentioned this spot to me earlier in the day, and on my aimless drive back from Amherstburg I found myself driving by it. So I stopped and spent quite some time roaming around the field with mosquito's buzzing in my ears.

The above photo is a 6-shot panoramic and the bottom one is a 9-shot. On the second one I walked quite a ways back into the field in order to fit everything in. The road is in the far background. You can see my car parked, dead center.

I have some other good ones from this spot but I just don't have time to process them all right now. Plus I should save some of them for furture use. I think I'm up to about 15 folders of photos I haven't finished editing yet and my computer is out of space.

Click to Enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment