Thursday, May 28, 2009

Glow Sticks


This is how my bike looks when it goes out to a rave.

I've had a few glow sticks laying around for a while now waiting to use them for some sort of photo experiment. My original idea was to hang my bike upright from the rafters of the garage, but after failing to think of a way to keep it from swinging back and forth every time I spun the tires, I decided to just lay it upside down on the floor. I taped a glow stick to the inside of each wheel, spun the wheels then outlined the frame with another glow stick by hand. The frame glow is a little sloppy but I tried it many times and this was the best result. Its pretty accurate because the frame is almost the exact same color...minus the glow.

On a separate note I'd like to pass on a good documentary I happened upon last night on CBC. It was the story of an Australian adventurer, Andrew McAuley who attempted to kayak across the Tasman Sea (from Australia to New Zealand) alone. I'm not a fan of kayaking (I'm quite terrified of open water) but I found it all very interesting and it really stuck in my mind. So check the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment