Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Car

New, as in different.
Car, as in Bike.

Since my car died on me about a month ago I've been walking and riding my bike everywhere. This isn't my bike, just a random mountain bike that was laying around in the garage that seemed to work better with this project.

I've been meaning to try this photo technique for a while now. With the help of an old seat post and the top of my tripod, I was able to mount my camera on the handle bars in a variety of angles. I originally wanted to do this with my BMX bike, but the bars were too thin and there just wasn't enough room to mount a camera anywhere on its modest stature.

I'll admit I was a little nervous bouncing around with my camera hanging over the front tire, but it worked out well and my camera is still in one piece. I used a slow shutter to get the motion and a small aperture to get a slow shutter. Also, I used my fisheye lens which isn't nearly as fisheye...ish on my digital, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment