Saturday, May 23, 2009

Good Bye to 25 and the Topaz.

Day one and I've already decided to change this concept a little. Instead of just one photo everyday, I may post a collection from a shoot. I want to post at least one photo a day, but some days I may have more. I'm going to try to shoot everyday, and each day I'll post a photo (or photos) from the previous day.

So let's start the next year of my life by saying goodbye to a big part of the last 15.

My parent bought this '93 Topaz brand new when I was about 11 years
old. I still remember riding home in it from the dealership. When I was about 19 years old my parents moved on to a new car and handed her down to me.

Over the years I added thousands of miles, a louder stereo and some minor dents. In early summer of 2005, I started driving her north on a vaguely planned (and poorly funded) solo camping trip. I spent almost every night sleeping in the passenger seat.
On that trip I drove 1400 kilometers with a shot wheel bearing.

I parked it about a month ago when the final straw came along as a spongy brake pedal and a warning light on the dash. I crawled under the car and found a growing leak in the brake lines. Without a steady job, I decided to give up the luxuries (and headaches) of a car. I trust my bmx bike to take me where I need to be...until winter.

So in honor of all thankless work the Topaz has put in over the last 15 years, I've put together this little photo collection. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if this blog is alive, but this pictures are great, thanks

    ReplyDelete